Waves SuperTap
Waves SuperTap

Software Delay/Echo from Waves .

Public price: $79 incl. VAT
Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Extremely powerful delay processor »

Publié le 07/20/11 à 22:11
This is like the mack daddy of delays. This thing has nearly everything you could ever want, and then some. If you ever wanted to do some multi tap delay, it can do it. If you wanted to do some crazy modulated delay, it can do it. If you just want a basic delay, it can do that too. The plugin is very complex, so if you're just heading into this without much experience, you might get a bit lost. I recommend reading the Waves manual for this and maybe even trying to find some tutorials online. You can choose between 2 tap and 6 tap components, tap-pad for adjusting the switching pattern or tempo tapping, a global LFO with two different feedback modes and more. There are really tons of things packed into this that would take forever to list. To use this, simply enable it on whatever buss you want to have delay on. I like to use it on an aux buss and mix it into whatever I want delayed, but it depends on the effect I'm trying to achieve.

Waves plugins have always been some of the most stable plugins I've experienced. They're cross platform compatible, so they'll work with both PCs and Macs. As a Mac user, that's a huge advantage for someone like me. They run in 32 bit mode, but Logic uses a wrapper-like application that runs so you don't interfere with your 64 bit interface. I've tried this on various different buses, and it seems to work on anything with ease. It even works nicely on MIDI, which I found a bit surprising. There are no performance issues at all, and that's a huge plus when working in a DAW filled with all kinds of synths and tracks running tons of plugins. These plugins came with my Mercury package, and I've had that for a few months now.

This plugin is awesome for delay, but it can be a bit of a head spinner if you're not totally used to using these multi-tap delay plugins like this. There are lots of features packed into this, so be ready to experiment and start having fun messing with this thing. My go-to plugin is just the basic Logic stereo delay plugin, but if I'm serious about delay, I usually find myself reaching for this.