D16 Group Devastor
D16 Group Devastor
sonicsnap sonicsnap
Published on 11/04/14 at 06:07
Installation and Authorization without worry.
According to its title, Devastor is a multiband distortion unit.
First, there is a knob titled "Dynamics" that compresses the sound. When placed on "hard" a very strong attack can be seen, the duration of which it is a pity not to intervene.
We then go to the "Clipper" strictly speaking "Preamp" boosts the sound input 0 to + 48dBs. "Threshold" is the level at which saturation occurs. Two small LEDs indicate the action of the distortion. "Knee" determines the "brutality" of the effect.
Indeed multiband is then located three filter units. For each, you can choose the filter (low pass, band pass, high pass and band reject), a setting of cutoff, resonance / band width and volume. Each of these filters can occur before (pre) or after (post) the "Clipper".
Finally, there is a large volume of output for this kind of effect.
A note that has 90 presets that are embedded a round summary horizon of possibilities for this effect.

Devastor works perfectly on my Mac Pro with Mac OS 10.6.8 and Digital Performer. CPU consumption is close to zero.

I have this plug-in for several years, and in my tool, it competes with many other modules saturation. In fact, I did perhaps not as much as the great "Ohmicide" Ohm Force uses. But depending on each situation, I would prefer a particular plug-in. Through its Devastor filters has a wide variety of sounds. I used to vote (in an improper context) but I use it mostly on synth sounds when I want a distortion with an attack so slightly marked. I noticed that also gave good results on bass. Still, for less than 40 euros, Devastor offers a price / quality ratio very interesting and I would do without hesitation that choice ..