ToneBoosters EBU Loudness
ToneBoosters has released EBU Loudness, a new stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement plug-in compliant with EBU R-128, EBU TechReport 3341 and EBU TechReport 3342.
TB_EBULoudness calculates k-weighted momentary loudness (LM), short-term loudness (LS), integrated loudness (LI) and loudness range (LRA). Furthermore, true-peak levels (dBTP) are provided as well.
Besides compliance to EBU loudness requirements, TB_EBULoudness is also a tool to align the perceived loudness of different audio tracks (for example on an album). Differences in loudness (expressed as loudness units, or LU) can be directly translated into attenuation or gain expressed in dB to align the loudness of two or more tracks.
Pricing & Availability
EBU Loudness costs €10 and is available for Windows, Windows x64 and Mac OS X as a VST effect plug-in.
Changes in ToneBoosters Plug-ins Version 1.7:
- Barricade: GUI fix (removal of black belt).
- Ferox: Increased internal processing resolution to improve accuracy.
- XY Tool: Microphone linking bug resolved.
- All plugins: Several GUI and run-time DSP optimizations.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Native Instruments Maschine Expansion Packs Native Instruments has introduced its new series of MASCHINE Expansions, download libraries for its groove production system.
- Waves Renaissance Plugins Sale The Waves sale continues, with Renaissance plugins (Native and TDM) offered at reduced prices.
- Steinberg VST PlugIn Zone News Steinberg welcomes a new member and several additional plug-ins to its VST PlugIn Zone.