Vox amPlug AC30
Vox amPlug AC30

Portable Guitar Amp Simulator from Vox belonging to the amPlug series.

Virtual Decadence Virtual Decadence

«  Very nice indeed .... »

Publié le 04/28/11 à 00:28
I think that given the weight of the craft, it is in purely numerical modeling. I had sworn they'll catch me doing after years of POD XT Line 6 TonePort other. When we want good models, especially for crunch, it passes through the box Sansamp Tech 21 point bar.

But hey, I have a new guitar and I want to play it anywhere without lugging even what my Vox Pathfinder 15R (small transistor vox, nice). This thing is battery powered, I had heard a bit of everything and anything but try anyway.

Bah you put the batteries, is connected, is mounted gain volume. It sets the tone. And go.

Good for those who dare to compare it to an AC30 amp or other real lamps with real speakers in real space, tell you one thing: any saturated listening to a guitar alone in the headphone is uncomfortable and gives the impression of a saturation mode "Maya the Bee and his friends." Already, the notice advised that a good headphone is a thousand times over.

Tried with my trusty AKG, and I'm not going to beat around the bush: this is the best crunch sound (which could be in the spirit Vox) that I heard in numerical modeling: even better than modeling Vox mark (although I guess it's the same technology) but in any case better than Line 6 (where the Vox is not clear but missed its unusable crunch too strong or pure saturated) and better than also my Pathfinder. The latter having a clear sound fabulous for a shit transistor but a rotten crunch and cardboard.

In the amPlug, the sound is full (no pun). Actually it looks like a Vox already treated in the studio. It compresses a bit too. But we are not there to have fidelity to a true vintage AC30 but to have something playable for training. Moreover on a playback.
To verify that I wasn 't crazy (or in love with my new Duesenberg to find the point that it sounds plugged into a car in a diesel car on the highway at 130), I did a test to people present. Result: "I try to ...!!!"

I confess to having a clear sound to the Beatles Vox, I had much lower gain. And yet, a game a little too dynamic and hop on rehearing the crunch. But it's the job. And then is supposed to model an AC30 top boost, it's normal crunch quickly.

I just buy it.

Cons:
If there was a deluxe version with a reverb setting (or tremolo), it would have been even better. And why not a line output for recording.

Pros:
Ben amp ready to play without outlet directly into my guitar case, enough is more. If in addition it has a sound very rock and a jack for plugging a backing track, it suits me.

Note: I have an iPhone and I tried the tricks that allow you to connect it with a guitar and use lighter versions of software like Amplitube amp. The sound is horrible compared to the amPlug, let alone perceptible latency problem. So OK, we are obliged to have something to pile more and you can not register but frankly, it's an option to consider when you want a super mobile config.