Alesis brings Transactive VU to light
Alesis has introduced Transactive VU, a LED-lit version of their Transactive portable sound system.
- 50 Watts Peak, 25 Watts Continuous
- XLR+1/4" combo input
- 1/4" line/guitar input
- 1/8" Stereo aux input
- USB charging port (5V, 2.1A)
- 8" low frequency driver
- 1" compression tweeter
The Alesis TransActive VU is announced for the second quarter of 2016 for a US MSRP of $249. More details at the manufacturer's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Operating Principles of Loudspeakers - Part 8 In this chapter we'll discuss a not-so-widely spread category of transducers based on very amazing principles. They can make some people dream because they are freed from the mechanical stages of transduction – although it comes at a cost.
- The Operating Principles of Loudspeakers - Part 7 Another family of transducers, often put down by audiophiles, is that making use of the piezoelectric phenomenon. Sturdy and not particularly expensive, these transducers have found a place in many speakers with more or less success.
- The Operating Principles of Loudspeakers - Part 6 After our previous discussion of electrodynamic speakers, we'll now move on to describing different categories of speaker transducers, starting with the equivalent of the condenser mic in the speakers world.