Mackie TH-12A
Mackie TH-12A
Trantor Trantor

«  Gets the job done, cheap »

Publié le 03/28/14 à 03:58
I bought a pair of these speakers for background music of the local repet. The idea was to make the voices and keyboard pass on.

I was seduced by the brand and price, it's stupid but it was the Mackie ... for cheap, even if we know we are clearly in a Chinese generic product réestampillé, we say that Mackie can not afford to shed his image with anything.
They are light (12kg) and small enough, the finish is perfect and it's tough.

Side functionality, integrated 3-way equalizer is really a plus. As the mixer also came out of the sound of other speakers, it helps balance the whole.

The power is there, we never pushed the volume and it covered well the drummer and guitar amplifiers. The rendering is good too. If you want to nitpick, they lack a bit of shine but they are PA speakers, it's not hi-fi or studio. But I had a Behringer Eurolive system, and clearly these more detailed and dynamic Mackie.
On the occasion, to test, they were made to collect the low, it holds up without vibrating, it is not ugly but it is not really their forte.

A remake, I do not see any competition for the price. It was something that holds up in rehearsal, in return, or for a small room.