or
Create an account

or

Thread Just Gettin Started

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Just Gettin Started
Well I'm a artist and I'm saving up to make a home studio but i don't really know what i need. I already make beats on Reason 4.0 So i just need to know what to get to record vocals. So if you can help me out i appreciate it.

Thanks
It will really depend on what you are trying to accomplish. You will want to decide whether you want to record into a computer or use a all in one machine like a br1600cd from boss or any of its smaller brothers, or brands like it for that matter. Boss just tends to simplify the best. Let me know a little of what you are trying to accomplish and I will see what I can help you with.

Sonny
Well first of all, you are going to need more software like Ableton (basically a program that saves the tempo WITH the recording because there are no tempo editing facilities in reason's samplers). I would sugguest ableton becuase reason and ableton both run in sync (as one program) using ReWire and it's really easy to use. As for the hardware that's a matter of personal opinion, just get the best you can afford, or if you have a particular piece of equipment that you like from a particular brand, buy that brand! Sony and pioneer usually work for me and i haven't been dissapointed yet.
I'm so thankful for all the help i recieved when i was starting out clueless. And now i want to pass it on. It really is a beautiful online community we producers have.
I use protools for mixing my beats down.. I track them out and go to work. I say everyone should get a pair of nice monitors. You can hear how crisp and clear my sounds are at www.mikecbeats.com
MikeCBEATS