or
Create an account

or

Thread I need to know if such a beast exists...

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Topic I need to know if such a beast exists...
I need a 1 unit rackmount interface that works very similar to a mixer, minus all the knobs. Here's what I'm trying to do...

I have the Mackie 1220 mixer but unfortunately, I'm already using nine of the twelve channels. Problem is, I have a drum set that I want to mic up with a five piece mic set. I'm looking for a 1 rack unit that has a minimum of five 1/4" (or XLR) inputs and at least one set of stereo outputs. Hopefully, all the inputs (and outputs) would be on the back of the unit. On the front, all I'd want is a pan knob, and volume knob for each input. That way I could pan each drum mic the way I want it, and just run the stereo outs from this 'mystery unit' to my Mackie Mixer. I'm assuming that if I have such a unit (basically a raw mixer) the panned signals from it would carry through to the Mackie, assuming I run each stereo output to a separate channel on my mixer.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-RMX6-Rackmount-6Channel-MicLine-Mixer?sku=630417 This mixer would be PERFECT if you could pan with it.

What's so funny is, up until this point, I was trying to avoid anything that only had stereo outputs. Now I'm desperate to find something that does. Thanks.

EZ