or
Create an account

or

Thread Clipping?? still!?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Clipping?? still!?
hey, I've just recently completed a song and though i made sure none of the tracks were clipping and in the final mixdown nothing was clipping when listening to it loud enough at some climactic parts where everything instrument + vocals are playing there seems to be some sort of clipping. I went through compression, limiting and normalizing and i cant quite determine why it would be doing that at all when all the levels are said to be well bellow 0... if anyone would have any suggestions id be more than greatful.

Thanks
Check to see if any faders are pulled way down yet the signal is still plenty hot. If this is a channel fader check the pad or gain setting at the top of the strip. You could be overloading the preamp. On some boards plugging into the insert jacks partially disables the clip led so if there is a big
level change thru the insert the problem could be there.

If you have a group fader low but the signal is still hot reduce all the channels to it to get the fader back up. You could be overloading the group mix buss.

If you are running the main faders low then try lowering the groups faders. You could be overloading the main mix buss.

Same checks on Aux send masters and on return faders.

If you have clip leds lighting (red flashing) they will show where the problem lies.

Or it could be that the limiting or compression was just too hard.

Or your monitor system isn't up to the task. Reduce the listening level to see if its still there (source problem) or goes away (monitor problem).