or
Create an account

or

Thread Need help with mixing and mastering a track!

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Need help with mixing and mastering a track!
Hey!
I have been working on a recording for a while now, and I've got a pretty decent basic mix that I am working with and I've got a few problems that I just can't seem to figure out.

First off this is a band that I helped record a few months ago and we are just trying to fix this track up. The basic recording itself is good, its just in the final mastering stage where I am having the trouble.

I have used a bunch of different software to try and sort this out but nothing works.

What I need to do is take my recording and make the volume as loud as any standard songs without having the recording clip out in certain spots or start to get all crackly when turned up too loud.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can start to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A link to the mix is here:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/taskforcestudiosmusic.htm

It is the first track on the list (Lifechild - Boom Cha). If you also have any mixing suggestions for me, please give me some, I'm open to any critisism that would help!

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Brian
Hello xtaskforcex,

All you can hear on the radio is compressed and boosted to the maximum, that's the reason why you mix has not the power of other songs.
So, you must master you mix with dedicated plugins. I personnaly use the waves mastering plugins. Just try this kind of plugins, and compress your mix.

I'm listening to your songs. Really cool!!! There is a lot of work on it!

I've a suggesion for the mix of Lifechild - Boom Cha: try to separate a bit more the bass an the drums to the rest of the tracks with a more radical eq setings.
thanks alot for the tips :)
I've actually got some of the Waves plugins which I am using. I am using the L1 Ultramaximizer+ and the C4 Compression.

Are there any good limiter plugins that you could recommend?
what kind of mic are you useing on the snare aND OVERHEADS
Hi, the L1 i think is the best limiter... but for mastering is just a part of the process... my usually mastering chain is
Ozone izotope II, then BBE Sonic Maximizer... and in ther dithering section i use the L1

... and I use Steinberg Wavelab for this work...

try this... you can believe that is the same track!!

Quote: thanks alot for the tips :)
I've actually got some of the Waves plugins which I am using. I am using the L1 Ultramaximizer+ and the C4 Compression.

Are there any good limiter plugins that you could recommend?