Create an account

or

Thread guitar solo not sitting

• 20 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 guitar solo not sitting
Hey everyone whats up?
I've been looking through the forums looking for an answer to my question, as well as looking on the net to see if I can find some pointers.
My buddy and I just recorded a killer tune in Cool Edit Pro 2.0. All the levels and everything sound great, untill the solo comes in.
I cant seem to get it to sit right. It kind of makes everything sound like shyte when it comes in. What I mean by this is, as soon as it comes in you can hear a noticeable "?fuzzy?" sound. Basically it sounds like nasty clipping.
Now, I've tried the tricks that everyone has mentioned about getting vocals to sit in the mix, I thought maybe this would help, but it didnt really. I've soloed the solo tracks and there is no clipping or anything, everything sounds great, I've also taken note of all my eq values on the other tracks as to avoid clashing.
I just cant seem to make it sit well.
I dont want it to just sit in the mix, I want it to come out and raise above the rest of the track, but, it's just not happening.
Sorry for the novel I've just written, I just want to make sure all of you know whats happening.
So if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Can't wait till September, Im starting Music Industry Arts here in my home town at Fanshawe College and Im sure I'll learn everything I need to know there, but for right now, I am stumped.

LAter,
Bones.
Show first post
I'll get right on it!!

I love this sh!t!! lol :D

I thought playing and writing music was fun. Now Im starting to think that mixing it is a lot more interesting.

Thanks Axeman, I appreciate your help!

Later,

Bones.