or
Create an account

or

Thread Ideal way to get crisp, believable distorted guitar tone with VSTs?

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
Topic Ideal way to get crisp, believable distorted guitar tone with VSTs?
I've recently moved back in with my family and thus cannot mic my guitar cab to record. While I have some experience with VSTs, I could never get a distorted guitar sound with a full low end that sounded like a real, hard rock guitar. Are there any tricks to try out or any go-to plugins around that can make getting such a sound possible? thanks.
I often use Le Pou's plugins. They have spectacular free plugins. I downloaded these cab and head sims and have been very pleased with the sound quality, especially with the LE456
Hi liveandletdie,

I was really surprised by the Yamaha THR10. It's a desktop modeling amp, it's awesome. I think there's 2 other models as well, but the THR10 is the most versatile one. Check it out.

Hope this helps.
-T
By the way, you could also build an guitar amp isolation box. Take a look at this video.
Quote from Torsten:
I was really surprised by the Yamaha THR10. It's a desktop modeling amp, it's awesome. I think there's 2 other models as well, but the THR10 is the most versatile one.

That's not a bad amp for how small it is, but unless you have distortion pedals, there's no way you can get a good enough crunch unless gain and master volume is 10, which defeats the purpose if you're living w your parents. But it's certainly a nice sounding practice amp