Alesis MicroVerb
Alesis MicroVerb

Reverb from Alesis belonging to the MicroVerb series.

yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« good but no longer need it »

Published on 02/23/12 at 11:31
The Alesis Micro Verb is a compact digital reverb unit, it is not rack able. It has 1/4 inch inputs and outputs in the back as well as a 1/4 inch output in the front of it for a foot switch.

The configuration of the Micro Verb is pretty easy to figure out overall, as there are no tricks involved at all. From left to right, the unit has four buttons to choose the reverb mode, a meter to show the output level, and then has parameters in the form of knobs for input level, three equalization knobs for low, mid, and high, a knob for setting the reverb level in the mix and then an overall output level knob. It also has buttons to put the EQ in or out as well as a button for power. I don't have the manual for the Micro Verb, so I can't speak to how complete it is.

The sound quality of the Micro Verb is pretty good but is nothing to write home about in my opinion. It has a good amount of different reverb sounds but to me none of them stand out all that much. I have used this reverb on a number of different instruments including for vocals, drums, and guitars, and while I'm usually satisfied with the sounds I can get, nothing on this unit really sounds above average.

I've been using the Micro Verb for about two years and while I like the unit as a whole I don't use it all that often because I would rather use a reverb plug-in for convenience. To me I can get a comparable if not better sound from a reverb plug-in and it just isn't worth it to use a piece of outboard gear if I don't have to. Only thing is, I have digital plug ins with my daw that have the exact same sound as this..so I really don’t have a use for it anymore.