Boss RV-1000 Digital Reverb

Reverb from Boss .

Realaze Realaze

«  Excellent reverb. »

Published on 03/08/13 at 18:19
- What are the effects or types of effects available?

Reverbs, reberbs / gate, reverse / gate delays and it does just that.

- What technology is used? (Analog, digital, lamp ...)

Digital DSP.

- Are they edited? Via an editor Mac / PC?

Front, with a few knobs well screwed.

- What is the connection? (Audio / MIDI)

Stereo inputs, stereo outputs.

- Is this a rack or rack-mount model?

Rack.

- The general configuration is it simple?

Breeze.

- The edition of sounds and effects is it easy?

Fingers in the nose.

- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...

Flew, nothing more.

- Effects are they effective, responsive and realistic enough?

The beast has two knobs Direct / Effect, akin to a wet / dry, allowing the back right mix of reverb on the sound, and even delete the incoming sound to keep only the reverb and vice versa , just that it's magic.

There is also a two-band equalizer Low / High that help clarify or darken the effect, we can say that it is versatile.

My personal impression? Very nice reverb, you can go to a warm reverb delay turning cold and snapping a few knobs.

There is also a bypass button (in case it slips) and a button Unigain, I did not really understand what it is (it looks like a sort of limiter to use) but I'm sure it is cool.

- Which instruments do you use?

I think it's versatile enough to stick with just about everything, making sure his slight background noise can be annoying in silence.

- Which ones you prefer, you hate?

I love them all because they are modifiable, so if it sounds bad, it is not that much tampered with. (I still admit a preference for the reverse / gate, the rendering is superb).

- How long have you been using?

As of today, I just plug my machines.

- What is so special that you like most and least?

The +
- The Wet / Dry
- The equalizer

The -
- No MIDI
- No patches, turn a knob and you lose control, but hey, I compare it to analog synths, it's part of the thing.
- A horrible glitch when you select an effect (knob), which prohibits any change of reverb on the way.
- A slight breath (perhaps partly induced by my installation).

- Did you try many other models before buying it?

A Midiverb III alesis full of Vst.

- How would you rate quality / price ratio?

30 € for a reverb that quality? Nothing to say, at the top.

- With experience, you do again this choice? ...

No problem.