Yamaha RS7000
Infracid Infracid

«  RS-7000 my love ... »

Publié le 03/25/14 à 03:50
Afternoon: in, outA, outB, thru

audio: headphone, stereo, 6 separate outputs in stereo audio

sequencer: 1 pattern includes 10 section 16 tracks each, perfect to build his track so organized, one section for the intro, one for a break ..... etc.

the effects are not all good, however it is good practice and helps out.

optimal communication with other machines: control changes, program changes, automation of all controls etc ....

sampler 64 mo with time stretch function, slice, normalization etc ...

see manufacturer

frankly I made electronic music for 13 years and this is the best sequencer that I know, there is also the MPC (I had the 2000XL and 1000), but I think Akai is much more austere in its interface, yes AKAI pad is huge and very precise sequencer but I find the RS much more convenient, fun and friendly.

famous section is pure bliss for the work well done and organized many buttons that send CC, exchange programs ... well for me the perfect conductor to control all my machines and thus produce a live 100% machines (not computer)

not everything is simple in implementation but once incorporated many sub menu and mapping twelve o'clock nothing prevents you from doing what you want.

sounds good internal to the machine is taken seriously getting old although much cleaner than his little sister RM1X, certain sound can troubleshoot, or even create some momentum in your composition, and yes when a drum kit is used a little cheap RS during a break or intro, the real controlled by the latter BAR will only further highlighted when it is necessary to leave the track and its tape.

for the sampler is more delicate (sampling from the machine), it does not ring but it takes a certain technique to remain faithful to the original sound, it is not uncommon to resume several times to get the its expected but nothing impossible, it's a bit of the case after leaving the event source, otherwise there is always the possibility of importing from a smart media.

I use it since 2004 and currently (2014) I do not see what could replace live to control a 100% machinery, all communication with other machines (send 32 channels) are possible and especially (I repeat myself) have become famous section irreplaceable me to compose a track.

Currently has the machine costs about 450 euro which is cheap considering what it has to offer, if you feel hot it is imperative to check the status of the keyboard that uses keyboard (yes I know) but also to mute and change section, the component to be replaced are rare but not found (starting between 50 and 70 euro) against disassembly by an RS-7000 is long and time consuming not to mention the de-soldering and re-welding of each key.

YAMAHA thank you for this amazing machine :) shame you left the race is on this sector for so long ...: (