MuseScore on its way to v2
The free MuseScore music notation software will be upgraded to v2 in a few days, and a public beta version is already available for download.
MuseScore v2 will be available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linus (Ubuntu/Debian and PCLinuxOS). Currently is beta 2, a Release Candidate is expected today and the final version should be available on March 24th.
MuseScore v2 will include a lot of new features, including:
- New GUI
- New startup page called Start Center that displays the last scores used, templates for new scores and access to the community with score search option
- New Tools menu under the Edit tab, with different functions (explode/implode, slash notation, add/remove line breaks and more)
- Different views for guitar, bass…
- Dynamic text styles with changes automatically applied to all elements
- Ability to create diagrams and setup a custom collection of the most commonly used chords
- Enhanced notation option support, including the new Steinberg Bravura font (open source), more flexible time signatures…
- Support for German notation
- Support for Guitar Pro format import (GP3, GP4, GP5 and GPX)
- Various improvements (MIDI import, score management, XML import/export, etc.)
Visit the full list of changes and download the beta 2 of MuseScore 2 from musescore.org.
Viewers of this article also read...
- A free version of MIDI Guitar at the Mac App Store GarageBand and Logic Pro X users can download for free a limited standalone version of the MIDI Guitar plug-in.
- Big Fish Audio Ambient White for Kontakt Big Fish Audio launches the first of a instrument and texture sound library duet designed for ambiance and sound design.
- Upcoming echo script for Kontakt Fairly Confusing Waveforms posted a video showing the first alpha tests of a new script that adds MIDI echo to Kontakt instruments.