[NAMM] Korg revamps its SQ-10 sequencer
After the return of the MS-20 and the ARP Odyssey, Korg reissues another legendary vintage machine, the SQ-10 step sequencer, with the SQ-1.
The SQ-10 was associated to the MS-20 analog synth when the latter was released in 1978. It was then logical that Korg reissued this device as well and add some modern features to it. Meet today the SQ-1!
The SQ-1 is a 2x8 step sequencer (A and B channels) that connects to any analog vintage or modern synths, including the MS-20 or the Little Bits modules developed with Korg (it includes a dedicated output). You can also create performances with the Volca series modules.
The Korg SQ-1 supports the same Hz/V and V/octave control standards as well as the same CV output voltage. Also, polarity on the Gate output can be set in order to match the device you want to use.
The SQ-1 operation modes incluent A and B consecutive, random that ignores the step order or parallel operation of multiple settings control. You can then use the SQ-1 to create complex sequences. Each step of each channel feature an edit button to enable/disable notes, Active Steps to delete steps during sequence playback, Step Jump to instantly play selected steps and Slide for seamless step linking. Step resolution can be set to quarter-note, eight-note and 16th note and you can change pitch for each step.
- Sequencer modes: Alternate, order, parallel turn, parallel order, CV/Duty, CV/Slide, CV/Duty Random, Random
- Step modes: gate on/off, active step, slide, step jump
- Step resolution: quarter note, 8th and 16th note
- CV Out Pitch: linear, minor, major and chromatic
- CV Out Voltage: 1V, 2V, 5V (oct), 8V (Hz-V)
- Gate Out negative and positive polarity
- Ride and Fall polarity sync In/Out
- 1/8“ mono Little Bits Out
- 1/8“ mono MIDI Out
- 1/8“ mono CV-A Out Gate
- Gate Out (10V)
- 1/8“ mono CV-B Out-Gate
- Gate Out (10V)
- USB Type B MIDI
- Dimensions: 93 x 84 x 63mm
- Weight: 641 g
- Metal chassis
- USB or 2xAA battery powered
This new SQ-1 sequencer will be available in February, for 119 € approximately.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.