RODE NT5
Querelle Querelle
Publié le 06/24/07 à 03:30
Pair of small diaphragm microphones.
Interchangeable capsules. Supplied with cardio capsule. Omni capsules available: RODE NT45-O. There is also a RODE NT45-C cardioid capsule that would be different from the original capsule, without raising the response in acute.

Edit July 2009: I wonder if this new cardio time capsule announced by Rode as an alternative to the previous capsule is not the one mounted automatically on aujjourd'hui NT5 and NT55 because the frequency response curve on the package leaflet of my purchased new NT5 early 2007 is no longer that displayed by Rode, which offers a cardio capsule.

NOTICE GLOBAL

February 2007
I've had a month. I record classical piano at home. I had AKG C 3000 B. Rode are cheaper: it was the pair for the price of one AKG, and I find them much more faithful to the tone of my piano. According to reviews I read on US sites, poor compliance with stamps acoustic instruments by AKG is due to a bump in the treble.
I have nothing to complain about. I wonder if for my use, I can still have a significantly higher sound quality. I have asked myself this question when I had the AKG: now I know so because I can compare with Rode and the difference is very clear. My impression confirms all the positive things I read on NT 5. I'm surprised some opinions Speaking of aggressive acute because it is a fault which I believe to be sensitive and I have not detected with these microphones, perhaps because I couple positions the ORTF 1m piano and not inside near the ropes as we did for jazz or rock piano?

June 2007
I gave them a time for Oktava MK-012 that are softer. By comparison, I now understand the aggressive criticism in acute because these microphones. But I use them again but at a greater distance from the piano and torque AB where I get a very satisfactory result, with a more precise than Oktava.

July 2009
I redécouvrre. Although cleaner than Oktava in the lower mid-bass The acute shortage of silky but at this price, it's really good. The piano is consistent.
Rode NT5 (http://www.esnips.com/doc/3b8a0cc9-cc04-4979-a58b-d4012a2f1405/Rode-NT5-take-2)
Oktava MK-012 cardio (http://www.esnips.com/doc/9a3a0be8-0314-40b6-bd75-eaa4891109c2/Oktava-MK-012-cardioid-take-2)