Crate GX15R
Hikaru Hikaru
Published on 03/26/06 at 15:52
Me it seems like a combo 15 watt transistors.
Previous opinion as stated, simply connect between a jack, headphone and speaker.

Rglages simple as: - an overdrive channel with two knobs: gain and level
- A clean channel with level knob
- Bass equalizer middle high
- Reverb

This amp is simple and this is a combo application of this type. I can not see what could be better. Rglages with so little, we get a decent one easily, but the possibilities are not harsh environment, considering the price, you can not complain relement.
The manual provided me no relement aid in research I undertook sound (I beginners with this amp and I always play with) but let's say that comes out quite easily by itself.

The sound seems to me that Crate exellent. I play mainly metal (heavy and no) on an Ibanez RG170R (entry-RG) but rvise a luthier in a Dimarzio bridge. I play in a band with a low (hartke65W), another guitarist (who possde a Marshall 100W) and a drummer who knocks me well and I just heard but still correct. The overdrive is pretty dirty, but fun to rev my style of music. The clean is irrprochable, both for agreements boats for jazz (good well rounded and warm, I love) except that it saturates ds you push a little too ...

Big problem: I play in repeated if the DiMarzio, the receiver emmet a kind of hyper acute dplaisant feedback when I do not play, and I can not take the power of my nouveu mic this amp. But for a 15 watts, the issue, I find much to his suprieur Peavey (bandit) and Marshall (MG), the saturation of these do not reach the Crate of potatoes. Without dvaloriser the competitors, I find that many brands of amps have their turnover to some dj Notore acquired in the past by the image it gives or stratgie adopts the marketing ... I test and Valvesate MG Marshall, and Peavey, and Marshall all-tube to my luthier, and only the Marshall all-tube silent suprieur of him after me .
However the Marshall MG which I compare the Crate is a 100W, so I've never test full power, while my Crate works its maximum during the rptitions.

I use it for 4 years
I love his panache, his dirty saturation.
I just compare its equivalent Peavey (without reverb on the other hand) at the time of purchase, knew nothing, so I trusted the salesman who advised me the Crate, and I am not of quite the opposite.
Pigalle bought the 150 era, I now know that it is in Germany at about 90 Thomman Cyberstore. So qualitprix exellent.

I would do without this choice hsiter even with four years of decline. Even better, my next amp will be a Crate 65W