[Musikmesse] 3 new Golden Age Project PRE-73
Golden Age Project will launch in May three new versions of its legendary PRE-73 Class A mic preamp, which will be introduced at Musikmesse.
The PRE-73 mkII will soon have a little brother, called PRE-73 Jr, a more compact version of the little red box with the following features:
- Discrete solid-state Class-A circuit
- Gain range from 20 to 70 dB
- Phantom power and phase switches
- High-impedance instrument input
- LED signal indicator
- Output level control
- XLR/1/4“ combo input
- Separate XLR and TRS outputs
- Insert jack to add external processors
- The circuit board is prepared for Carnhill input transformer
- External power supply
The PRE-73 Jr will be available for 2,495 Swedish Kronas, which is approximately 268 € / US $291.
Golden Age Project will also debut at Musikmesse the evolution of its preamp, with the Pre-73 mkIII and its Plus variation, the latter with Carnhill input and output transformers.
- Tantalium capacitors in the signal path
- High frequencies AIR Boost switch to add 3 or 6 dB at 30 kHz
- Two-way high-pass switch
- Modified gain control with a separate switch for the Mic/Line selection
- All the gain parameters can be used in Line mode
These mkIII versions are also expected in May, the Pre-73 mkIII will have a price of 3,595 Swedish Kronas (385 € / US $419) while the PRE-73 mkIII Plus will be available for 4,995 Swedish Kronas / 535 € / US $583.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Radial J48 DI now in stereo version Radial Engineering announces a stereo version of its J48 active direct box, which is phantom powered.
- [Musikmesse] Studiomaster DigiLIVE 16 Studiomaster will introduce at Musikmesse in Frankfurt next month a new generation of DigiLIVE hybrid digital consoles with wireless remote control.
- The elysia xpressor 500 in Coffee & Cream editions Elysia launches today two special editions limited to 50 copies of its xpressor 500 compressor in Coffee and Cream finishes.