or
Create an account

or

Thread Mbox problems - beginner

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Mbox problems - beginner
I just got an Mbox and I've been attempting to record. I've figured out a few basics. I got my headphones to work, and I've figured out how to plug in a microphone or guitar. There are several problems I'm having that the instruction manual doesn't help me with

1) I HAVE to plug in my mic or guitar into the TRS line, why doesn't it work in any other inputs?
2) i'm not getting a clear sound like I imagined to get with this?
3) When I record vocals I can listen to them, but when I record guitar and push play to listen once I've recorded, it doesn't play it back to me?

Please someone, if you can tell me the basics of thngs you went through you'd help me so much. I just wanted to record music and I thought this would be somehwat user friendly. I really need help.

Thank you.

Veronika:|
When Recording Guitar Directly in Use the DI Line and make sure you hit the Button so it is the DI line. ( the DI Orange light should come on and the Mic Light should go off) that Pro-tools is picking up. The TRS is more for mixxers and such. as well the Unclean sound your getting is from the TRS line becsaue it is unbalanced while the DI is balanced. And to get a good sound Record Two of the Same track at one time.

Laine.
do you like the Mbox???
i am thinking about getting an Mbox Mini 2...

in your opinion, is Pro Tools a good software?
alos...how much was your Mbox???

message me back please

-cole