or
Create an account

or

Thread ben dover's first question

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion ben dover's first question
after 2 years i finally have got round to recording something....all 1 and a half minutes of it!! i did an guitar intro with a bass line and drum track to give my self an impression to go after, then i try to put som piano background and find myself in all sorts of probs like recording levels are just not how i understand they should be , on my mixing console my piano track bearly hits the -20 db mark but inside of sonar 6 its about 0 db my bass and drum track are at the moment midi tracks and my guitar intro again does not even show up on my mixer where as in sonar it is about 2-5 db something tells me (and all you folks) something is badly wrong, yes, i can hear someone saying "try stamp collecting as a hobby" but i would so much love to learn and master this hobby so any help would be nice....at this rate it will take me 4 years to record 3 mins of muzak, mmm maybe stamps arnt that bad? read my intro for info on my setup!!
if you're using sonar as your mulit track recorder worry about the levels there more then whats showing up on your mixer. if you're mixer is an analog board 0db is actually -16db full scale in the digital relm. so if its sounding good out of sonar don't worry so much about the levels of the mixer, as long so you don't peak in sonar you should be ok.