Create an account

or

Thread vocals

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion vocals
Hi Peeps,

Ok I have literally just got my amp plugged into my computor, and have sussed out audacity, I have nearly no experience of sound reording, other than my trips to recording studio's

I want to record my vocals over a backing track, Ican do this seperatly ie one track for vocals one track for music....my problem is, effects. while I want it to sound as good as possible, i'm not after perfection, and I need it doing quickly! I'm a professional singer, so I have a good mic and amp. I would basically just like to know what fx to add to my voice and how much, reverb, compression...anything else??? don't need tuning things or anything like that just enhancing effects!

can I then just mix together?

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Anna
What i would do is record one track of your voice, then duplicate the track, then take one of your tracks and move it slightly, you can experiment from anywhere like 5 ,10,up to like 20 miliseconds and that will give you almost a reverb effect but without actually using reverb..if you wanted to use compression you can use one but i would only use slight compression on vocals, you should look into a plugin called a vocal leveler that extracts low parts and raises them and cuts down high parts to make the vocal track blend evenly in the mix.