or
Create an account

or

Thread Question about my 4track - how to split tracks? anyone with

• 11 replies
  • 9 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Question about my 4track - how to split tracks? anyone with
i could never figure how to do this, maybe someone can help. i'll use an example - in many albums one song will go into another track without actually stopping, like the song (trck2 for example) will start to finish, get real soft and an instrument will be playing a melody while track3 begins and then becomes louder and track 3, a new song begins. how would i record one single track on my recorder and then split the song in two so that it would read track 2, track 3?
With a tape machine? You would need a second tape deck and do a cross fade manually to whatever deck you're mastering to.

Of couse, with a computer setup this is easy....... do you master off the 4 track to your computer? If you do, it's just a matter of using your software- set the tail of the outgoing song and the intro of the next song on top of each other and do a linear crossfade. Not sure about the track markers. It would depend on what software your using, I'm sure...
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I think there is a problem when you want to burn your track on CD. Ther will be a empty space between tracks any way. And I don't know the trick how to burn it without empty space. :x :x :x

Quote: I think there is a problem when you want to burn your track on CD. Ther will be a empty space between tracks any way. And I don't know the trick how to burn it without empty space. :x :x :x

i think you choose "disc-at-once" burning, most programs have that option, it burns allthe files at once, instead of one at a time, so there is no pause with the 2 second gap...
yeah, just what revrb said.
If you look in the options of your burning program, there will, or should be an option to have a 2 second gap between tracks, simply uncheck this option.

Later,
Bones.
I don't think that "disc-at-once" would help, because I am sure that finalsound00 doesn't want the whole CD to be left without gaps between songs... Maybe he just wants that from track 1 to track 2 there be no gap, but then, from track 2 to track 3 there should be a gap, also there should be a gap from track 3 to track 4, but no gap from track 4 to track 5, and so on... And also, as far as I know (and PLEASE, DO correct me if I'm wrong), "disc-at-once" means to burn the CD without gaps but also without difference of track markers, I mean, I think that "disc-at-once" means that ALL of the songs in the CD will be part of track 1. Am I right about that?
If so, that wouldn't do what finalsound00 is asking for. I have been trying to figure that out for some time now also, but I haven't learn that yet...
So, if anybody can help, please do! hehehe...
CHEERZ,

DB

Quote: I... And also, as far as I know (and PLEASE, DO correct me if I'm wrong), "disc-at-once" means to burn the CD without gaps but also without difference of track markers, I mean, I think that "disc-at-once" means that ALL of the songs in the CD will be part of track 1. Am I right about that?
DB

no youre wrong :P

with disc at once there are still track markers, it just eliminates the writing of blank data between then end and beginning of each track

maybe im...not right? .....but as far as i know, i am right 8)
Yeah, well, you are probably right, hehe...
But the thing is, even writing the disk without blank spaces between tracks with the option "disk at once", it doesn't help to record like I was talking about:
No gap between Track1 and Track2, but then a gap between Track2 and Track3, and also a gap between Track3 and Track4, but no gap between Track4 and Track5

I think that's what finalsound00 was talking about... And I would like to know that too! hehehehe...
If anybody knows how to do it, please help!

CHEERZ,

DB
I would cross fade the two tracks (one on top of the other) and then basically zoom in and zoom in until I found where the wave on BOTH tracks crossed the zero line.

Insert a split there. Save it. Delete the part after the split (track 2), bounce to disc. Reopen. Delete the part before the split (Track 1), bounce it. Put the tracks in order, and then burn them without the space between tracks (check you burning software as stated above).

In theory, they should sound perfect with each other, yet still have track markers.

Travis Meeks did a fantastic job of this with the second Days of the New Album (Green) and is simply amazing to listen to the production.

What's even scarier is that on the third Days of the New Album (Red) he actually somehow increased the gap between songs from 3 seconds to 30 seconds and then instead of having silence, they were filled with orchestration. So you could only hear the parts if you
1.) Listened straight through from the song before
2.) Skipped to the song and then used the rewind button to backup before 0 on the track.

Any clue???
The only way to have the 2 second gap (which I hate, because some stereos "pop" during this gap) is to use something like Cd Architect - formerly from Sonic Foundry, now Sony - and pre-layout your CD before actually starting the burn.