Psycledelics Psycle Updated
Psycle has been updated to version 1.8.8 Beta 2. The first beta, released in August, 2010, added x64 support.
Beta 2 contains mostly a couple of bug fixes in the main program and updates in most of the effect plug-ins and some native instruments. legasynth sounds much better now and fluidsynth has been updated to version 1.1.2.
Also, sound skip in Vista and 7 should be reduced, thanks to using the new thread priorities defined in these new systems.
Beta 1 changes:
- x86 and x64 versions.
- Multithreaded audio engine (better performance in multi-core CPUs)
- Integrated support for JBridge VST bit bridge (use 32bit VSTs in x64 and 64bit in x32). Needs to be activated in the Directories tab of settings (Native Psycle bit bridging should come for release).
- Migrated to Visual Studio 2008 (and its runtimes) and boost 1.41.
- Better Vista/7 support (placement of files).
- Multiple fixes in the native plugins (better support of other sampling rates than 44Khz). Better UIs in some of them (Not all native plugins revised yet).
- Small fixes.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.