Fender Jim Root Stratocaster
Val_St4 Val_St4

«  Very good Strat! »

Published on 04/21/13 at 01:49
Made in the USA
It is a fixed chevaet (I'm not a big fan of tremolo or floyd)
Handle C.
It has two "blocks" EMG 81-60 (humbucker so).
Simple setting: 1 volume, 3-position selector and ... THAT'S ALL! You plug, you play. POINT!

The handle is just a treat. I do not have very large hands, but we made it really, really fast. One can easily make small neoclassical flights or large riff bourin. Anything goes. This is a great round.
Access to acute is could not be more simple. There is a small cut for this purpose.
I find the guitar a bit heavy. Well, at the same time I am very tall and I'm a stick so good.
For sound, EMG FENDER +, no complaints. This is the highest level.

I play ALL. Wholesale of metal that spot with more bluesy stuff (Led Zeppelin for example). All sounds are obtained we want. Provided you have the amp that follows behind. I plugged in a Dark Terror (Read my review).
I love all its sounds.

EDIT: I replaced the EMG after a year by Seymour Duncan. My style has changed a lot in the meantime and I needed to go to the crunch in a jiffy. So I made up a Screamin Demon in TB12 bridge and neck in SH1N. For me it's the perfect combination!

So I use it for over a year and a half and I'm still in love with her (lol). I've always enjoyed it immensely FENDER. J4ai tested beaaaaaaaaucoup model before this one. Ibanez (which I find unplayable), of Gibson (too heavy), the ESP (not super comfortable) and others. I plugged in the FENDER and there. Miracle. My hands are grafted on and not move more. The violin is nikel. I just changed the pickups because j'adoooooore this guitar and I wanted the best for her (to me rather)
The value for money is excellent. If you want an original FENDER Stratocaster HSS comes out of the classic, go for it, this is Jim Root for you.
Another very nice thing is that there is not big signing MR Root on guitar. Indeed, it is located behind the head.
FYI, I have the white. The black was too aggressive for my taste.
I remake that choice without a doubt!