Jackson DK2S Dinky
Jackson DK2S Dinky

DK2S Dinky, STC-Shaped Guitar from Jackson in the Pro series.

Audiofanzine FR 12/08/2008

Jackson DK2S Dinky : Audiofanzine FR's user review

(Originally written by the sage/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Japanese Pro Series

24-fret neck with binding

Seymour TB4 (single coil) and Sustainiac pickups

JT580 LP tremolo under Floyd Rose license (good quality on my model)

I already owned a Jackson KE3. The neck is a bit rounder but as pleasant as the one of my Kelly. The guitar is quite light and very well balanced. It's a very good guitar.

Now it starts to get interesting!! Being extremely versatile is one of the biggest assets of this guitar because you'll always find the right sound in every situation. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with SH55 and a Jackson Kelly with EMG81 and 60. Two great guitars for blues (Les Paul) and heavy metal (Kelly) that also provide good results in other music styles. Compared with them, the DK2S is just great for every music style! From Slayer to funk, jazz and rock, this guitar is amazing for every single style (thanks to its single-coil pickups). At first sight, the Sustainac seems to be a useless gizmo but as soon as you learn how to master it the beast is terrific. The feedbacks produced don't sound artificial at all!!

You have to love this guitar!!!

It has the most balanced sound among my guitars. It sounds amazing regardless of the amp (I use a Fender Silverface or 6260 Bugera head + 4 x 12" cabinet). The price is a bit high,

but I would buy it again without any hesitation!!