TC Electronic Finalizer Express
TC Electronic Finalizer Express

Finalizer Express, Studio compressor from TC Electronic.

DarkVince 06/05/2007

TC Electronic Finalizer Express : DarkVince's user review

This is a digital mastering processor. The compressor operates in three frequency bands.
Complete connectivity: XLR + SPDIF coax

This version called "express" has the settings "essential" but it's more than enough saw the possibilities of the device.
The manual is very correct and French (available in pdf).
The basic configuration is pretty simple but it is important to understand the philosophy of the craft and do a lot of tests to find the correct settings from its sound. And do not hesitate to re-test after a few months of use to adapt to his style in detail.

I use it as an insert console device mastering.
Once found the right setup, this machine is truly formidable, quality and accuracy, confirming the famous TC Electronic in this area.

I bought mine used there are 6 or 8 months. Before I used a behringer ULTRAMIZER of the comparison stops there. Even if the behringer been quite good, the Finalizer has nothing to do, we are really in the range of pro equipment and you can hear bad!
As I said, I use insert on hand coupled with an equalizer.
Initially I started with the settings generally advised to son for months, I refined these settings to make it really sticks in my sound.
It's really an indispensable machine in a home studio and I do it again this choice without any hesitation. once it has, we can not do without it!