Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohms
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohms
James... James...

« 3 years of abuse and still going »

Publié le 08/03/11 à 08:20
I use these things everywhere. In the studio, in the airplane, on the stage, on the go. Everywhere. 3 years ago I was in the market for a really nice pair of reference headphones that wouldn't break the bank. I read tons of reviews. Spent over a month finding the perfect pair. I finally settled on these. They sound very balanced on most everything. The comfort is bar none. I use them for checking mixes, casual listening, and monitoring in all situations. Clarity is great as well as bass response. Sound cancelling as well is good. They fare better at cancelling ambient noise though. If someone is yelling at you then they won't be of too much use. If you're in a car or on a plane, they do a good job of filtering that stuff out. These headphones are 80 ohms so they benefit from an amp of some kind. It's not a must, but it surely helps.

I have beat the living daylights out of these. Dropped them at least 50 times. Got them partially wet. The leather on the head padding is still holding on and despite my dirtying up the ear pads to a brownish hue, they remain well intact. I probably use these at least 2 hours a day. The speakers are still holding on fine. I will probably have to replace the padding before I scrap these because they still sound so darn good. At the price point they are a seriously scary value. The precision and quality is amazing. In the sub $300 range they are king. I've tried a lot of the competitors. The DT770 pro is on another level. When they finally kick the can, I'll likely buy another pair. I'm always wanting to try something new but these are so good that i don't think I need to.