Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro

DT 880 Pro, Studio headphone from Beyerdynamic in the DT 880 series.

solo84 07/21/2010

Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro : solo84's user review

«  Very pleasant and relatively neutral »

• Partager
I use it in monitoring & mixing. It is connected to a headphone output of my Presonus Central Station (excellent headphone outputs)

This headset has a realistic sound stage and relatively airy (it is a semi-open) and a frequency distribution neutral on the whole spectrum at high frequencies EXCEPT: it is a bit flattering at this level, I find . It therefore tends to add some warmth to the sound, so you have to be careful! A mix that lack of heat on this headphone is a really cool mix! Need to know!

I do not think it puts the bass back, as it avoids words Fifours just to flatter them, that's all! But they are there!

I also have a DT-770 which is very different: closed, flattering on the bass and treble (listening loudness), incredible sense of detail but at the cost of an artificial soundstage and very flattering. Very good to catch and track a reverb tail, for example (I always talk about the 770).

The DT-880 is a very good headset to keep a realistic view of its mix without any nasty surprises later, this shall take into account that flatters a bit low mids.

I would love to look at the Sennheiser HD-600 ...