Sennheiser HD 200
Sennheiser HD 200

Studio headphone from Sennheiser belonging to the HD series.

mooseherman mooseherman

« Sturdy, high quality headphones »

Published on 11/21/10 at 11:34
These are a pair of headphones that are quite large but have great sound. While they are sometimes advertised as studio headphones, I certainly wouldn't use them in that capacity as they aren't the most suited to that purpose. However, they do make a great pair of headphones for just regular music listening. They have great low end, which is really nice to have in headphones as the low end tends to suffer most. The midrange and high end are also fantastic. The quality in general is high enough that low-quality MP3s will sound noticeably bad. This is either good or bad, depending upon the quality of the music listen to, but I would say that the benefits (such as hearing more detail than you probably are used to hearing with headphones) far outweigh the drawbacks.
These headphones work well at home and out on the street. I highly recommend them to people who live in the city, and are frustrated with poor-sounding headphones that don't drown out the outside noise. These are quite capable of doing that naturally, with no need for the electronic noise cancelling that you see in some other headphones.
One use that I have had lately has been using them to listen to music while playing. My drummer has tried this on multiple occasions, and he loves using them for this purpose. He can hear the music loud and clear yet still hear his drums. I think that is the best test of a headphone in that purpose.
While these headphones certainly don't have the most functionality compared to studio headphones, they are quite honestly one of the better pairs I've owned. I'll have them for a while too, as they are actually a really sturdy build. This is probably why I was able to buy them off of a friend for a good price, considering how old they were.