Shure announced the expansion of its headphone line and showcased the new SRH550DJ and SRH940 models at the 2011 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California.
The SRH550DJ is designed for both DJ and personal listening use, while the SRH940 is optimized for critical listening, studio monitoring, and mastering.
The features of the models include:
SRH550DJ Professional DJ Headphones
- Full range frequency response
- 50mm dynamic drivers for extended bass
- Supra-aural design for isolation
- Adjustable, collapsible headband that swivels 90 degrees for flexible wearing positions
- Accessories package that includes a threaded, quarter inch (6.3 mm) gold plated adapter and a carrying bag.
SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones
- Frequency response for tight bass and smooth, high end extension with minimal distortion
- Collapsible, lightweight design with a padded headband
- Accessories package that includes a threaded, quarter inch (6.3 mm) gold plated adapter, two detachable cables (straight and coiled), a replacement set of velour ear pads, and a zippered, hard travel case.
Pricing and Availability
SRH550DJ: $99 retail ($149 MSRP) SRH940: $299 retail ($349 MSRP)
The headphones carry a two-year limited warranty and will be available for purchase from select retailers in spring 2011.
For a complete list of where Shure products are sold, visit www.shure.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Avantone Pro MixPhone MP1 Avantone Pro presents a "Vari-Voice" designed to adapt to all situations, either in the studio, live, for DJing or for audiophiles.
- [MUSIKMESSE] AKG K872 AKG presents the K872 headphone, a new model which claims to bring unprecedented accuracy for studio production and live sound engineering.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Rupert Neve Designs has introduced the RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier.