Create an account

or

Thread Introducing Myself

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Introducing Myself
Hey everyone,

My name is Nico Collu. I am 16, italian and I'm a rapper.
I live in Denmark where the majority of music played is Rock. I've had a passion for music forever. I'm sure that everyone else has experienced that too. I don't believe that there is ONE person on this earth that doesn't like music at all. If you play the right music, everyone clicks.

I've been rapping since I was around 12. My first song called ''My Introduction'' was never recorded, but performed at my elementary school. Got real good props for that. I would say my strong side is the Lyrics. I put real power into my lyrics, including reality/facts and everything I observe, experience/d. I have never rapped about money, ''bitches'', fast cars, rims and being a boss, ghetto master... AND I never will. I keep 100% integrity in that sort of stuff. Rap today is being recoqnized in the wrong way as being a genre dedicated to those things. Rap = Rhythem & Poetry. Rap is about passing a message, giving your message out to others. Talking about bitches and money in an album non-stop for 20 tracks is not a message, but the industry.

My downside is that I just CANNOT make beats. I really need to get help on that. I have tried with different programs different times. I use Adobe Audition 1.5 which I have been for around 3 years. I feel very confident in using it, and I'm sure I know how to get good sound out of it despite the fact that I need better equipment.

If you want you can check out one of my productions out here: http://www.mymusic.dk/funktioner/afspiller/player.asp?q=2&v=&id=102172

This is my latest according to the time I posted this. It's called ''Deep Thoughts & Treasured Wishes'' The lyrics were written at 04:00 o'clock in the morning. Time isen't a barrier for me though I did get tired.
I do think I could've produced it better. The thing I love about myself is that I got potential. So everything I do, I observe and learn, and try not to stumble across the same problem. The song here is a verse, not a song. Was created for fun and for the love of Hip-Hop and expressionism. I guess you know what I mean. You got something to say, then say it! However, the beat is not mine, downloaded from a site.. Not used illegally. But thats what sucks, if it was mine. I would definitely use it on a Demo track or something.

Here is a short introduction to me. A little of all somehow. If you have read it all and listened to the rap, I would love to get some feedback from you, maybe tell me what you think should be improved or what hit you in it. What do you think of the lyrics? I just signed in to this site so I don't know if messaging is available, so here is my hotmail: Victory-020791@hotmail.com. If messaging is here, then just write me.

Look forward for all the posts and so on.
- Nico