or
Create an account

or

Thread Dying to get started but stuck! Have mac g4

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Dying to get started but stuck! Have mac g4
I have a MacG4 with a disc burner and need everything else to do home recording. Please forgive any ignorance I will be showing here, because I AM ignorant. Help me help me...

I want to record my own songs - vocals, guitar and be able to tweak it all a bit. Want a quality that will pass for pro.

1) I have Audacity and Garage Band need info on Pro-tools. What is better for fine tuning? Any other suggestions for quality?

2) Do I really need a pre-amp if I am recording only voice and acoustic guitar? Can't I just plug in a Shure Mic or two to a USB port?

3) My CPU is noisy! Should I just get a really long cables for monitor to CPU and and usb hub and put my cpu in the other room? Any other thoughts on this?

Any info, experience, brand names etc will be greatly appreciated. I don't have a lot of money and don't want to make a lot of costly experimental mistakes (as I have been known to do in the past :() Anyone doing now what I want to do - acoustic guitar with vocals - recordings? Have any tips? Thanks!