or
Create an account

or

Thread Howdy from high on the continental divide

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Topic Howdy from high on the continental divide
My name is Rick and I live in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I've lived here for over 30 years and at 58 I'm ready, with my wife, to embark on a new adventure. We are selling our home ands buying a large sailing catamaran and will be heading off on a lengthy cruise as live aboard sailors in the Caribbean area. I've been a professional musician for most of my life, while keeping my day jobs, and have lots of production time in large midwestern studios as head of the audio/video production team at a sizeable ad agency. So I'm not a green rookie to either music or recording production. But I am to "home style" recording. My current plans include building a useable recording set up to enable me to do gigs at faraway ports as we sail around the Caribbean.
Welcome, Wildbear!

Man, you plan sounds way too cool.......
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Axeman-
Thanks. Now I just need help figuring out how to equip myself and my system for this adventure.
Hopefully, one of the forum readers will be helpfull in getting me headed in the right direction.
Rick
You lost me with the Mac!!! Don't know squat about those things......
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Sorry to hear that. I know that many high end studios use mac based applications for production so I, perhaps wrongly assumed that there would be appropriate software for the consumer/home user. Any help from anyone using Mac hardware would be most helpful. Thanks!