or
Create an account

or

Thread My semi-grand entrance into the second-hand home recording world...

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 My semi-grand entrance into the second-hand home recording world...
I'm Andrew Hamilton, 15 (16 in about a month) and have been into audio since I was about 10-11. I've recorded music to my PC for a while now but after studying some tips/tricks sites I found theres a lot more to real recording, like full bands and multi level techno music. I listen to just about everything and am hoping to begin recording techno (myself and my trusty Digital Piano, an older Yamaha S80), some rock (my one friend's bands, Drums, Guitar, Bass and some added effects from me) and some softer classical/country. (my other friend and a girl he knows, Piano, acoustic guitar and possible effects. ) Right now I have a pretty sad, second-hand, cheap set-up since I wont be looking for a job until after my next birthday and have about $14 as of now, but: I DO have my Yamaha S80 Synth (as mentioned before), a simple OEM sound card, relatively nice version of SONAR I got from a family member and enough patch cords and adapters to go around the circumferance of my house. (figurativly speaking.)
Ah- the boundless ambition and exuberance of youth!!!

Welcome, lil' brother!! Keep savin' your pennies......... you can do a track at a time in a project studio environment, but that whole band thing will cost you some $$!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD