or
Create an account

or

Thread dead?

• 11 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 8 followers
1 dead?
is it just me or does this forum seem kinda dead now..... what the hell happened?!?!
u ar wrong again...! ! cutess nihility 0000 bond james....! arent u know dat d EPL just over...? an soon d WORLD CUP is coming..!!!

Af in English: Dead, dead, dead and fucking dead fache

Hee hee....it's not dead it's just new and getting started.  It doesn't have the 10 year history that the French forums have...
French forums is dead too mrgreen
It's our duty to make things better.

I think a big amount of posts on the english pub would be welcome redface2

Let's try to bring a lot of french people that want to improve their shitty english here !

(I mean, we're not fools, everyone in the world knows that french people can only speak french...)
And why is that??  I understand the older generation....but the younger?  Please do tell!  Though actually recently I am finding more French people who speak English so I think this is changing.

I lived for a long time near Paris, and it's obvious that people try to speak english. But as it's not used in their everyday life, they don't try to improve it.

On the other side (you know that France is splitted between Paris, and the other part of France, called "La province"... It could be a joke, but it's more likely the sad truth), "en province", very few speak english (or practice enough not to forget). And younger too. 

It seems crazy but I surely don't tell something crazy

To answer the question "Why?" : I think the french people is very proud of his native tongue. The french government promotes it through many rules like quotas (is it the word in english?) to the radio. I mean : the french radios have to broadcast 40% of french songs (songs sung in french)... 

I work for more than 16 years now, and in every firm I was, barely none could speak english... And was proud of it...

Can you imagine another country with such a mentality ?

[ Post last edited on 01/15/2010 at 07:13:54 ]

Will, when I read your post, I hear a beautiful french accent...like Chirac...do you have the same one ? mrgreen

Besides, Chirac has a SWEEET English accent.