• 6 participants
  • 0 follower
alex borisov

alex borisov

2 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 05/01/2006 at 06:27:04
Just got a Tascam DP01. Can anyone point me to a good link or site for tips.? I am having Hiss problems and am looking for anyone who has encountered the same thing and how they rectified it.
Alex B.
ngkb

ngkb

2 posts
New AFfiliate
2 Posted on 05/02/2006 at 13:41:29
Hey Im new and need help on how to make some techno
ngkb

ngkb

2 posts
New AFfiliate
3 Posted on 05/02/2006 at 13:03:32
PLZ I need help on techno PLZ
nihility0000

nihility0000

99 posts
AFfable Poster
4 Posted on 05/02/2006 at 21:35:20

%1$s a écrit PLZ I need help on techno PLZ

get a program like fruityloops or better yet reason. there are tons of different stuff you can use from sequencing programs like reason and fruityloops to actual VST and DX instruments that you can use. you could be more specific.
also, hi-jacking a thread is not the way to get any answers. create your own post.
Paper Tiger

Paper Tiger

2 posts
New AFfiliate
5 Posted on 06/10/2006 at 22:38:38
Alex,

I just got the Tascam DP-01 FX/CD also, and I am having similar problems. There is hiss, which I didn't think would be a problem with a digital 8 track, and also, my acoustic guitar sounds SO bass heavy. Even when I turn up the treble and turn down the bass, it's still muddy and bassy. My voice sounds fine, for the most part. Have you had any luck getting answers in the last month since your post? Thanks man-

Andy
alex borisov

alex borisov

2 posts
New AFfiliate
6 Posted on 06/14/2006 at 08:48:18
I increased the level of the recording and the hiss is minimal. By working with the headphone output and the input control, this also helped. My friend who records a lot of acoustic guitar says "get a good mic, ($200+)it will make all the difference in the world."
Here is some stuff I have done with it.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=82304653
Alex
zedcats

zedcats

3 posts
New AFfiliate
7 Posted on 06/27/2006 at 11:18:52
I use a Tascam DP01FX (though without CD). I've noticed a lot of hiss when listening back to recordings on the Tascam but when I've exported tracks by USB to a PC the hiss no longer seems to appear. I only use the Dp01 as a basic recorder and do all the mixing using PC software so this may not be a lot of help but....
Bondo

Bondo

9 posts
New AFfiliate
8 Posted on 07/11/2006 at 10:44:51
I have one of the first DP1FX's. It is a bit noisy. It seems to be noisy in both it's microphone preamps and also in it'sheadphone amplifier. If your Preamp gain is very high, it seems to come through a bit in the recording if you dump it out to some sort of software. There is really nothing to do about it. The components are not the best, which is why it's so affordable, but you can make some killer recordings with it, especially if you dump it into a computer and mix it with some sort of audio software. For the money it is as good as it gets, but there is no real solution it seems like for the noisy part.
cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.