or
Create an account

or

Thread how to use the emu1820

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 how to use the emu1820
its nearly 2yrs im using this sound card and still dont know how to use it correctly.At present i use AUDACITY for home recording cos the cubase n wave to complicating for me and dont understand the audio language.I only use for simple guitar n karaoke recording. The problem is for karaoke recording theres too much reverb(echo).Next for accoustic guitar recording i couldnt get a clean accoustic sound most of it sounds amplified.My accoustic guitar comes wth a built in pre amp.i used that and still couldnt get that accoustic sound.How can i solve this problem.
try mic'ing the acoustic guitar. those acoustic pick-ups are mostly for live playing, not studio recording.
what kind of microphones do you have at your disposal?

what dont you know about your sound card? all of the problems you described are caused by either poor recording technique, or your software.
i am confused about your question.
i think a little wisdom goes quite far when buying. you need to research all the things u need to know about what u will be doing and what u want from ur system before u go out buying random things. however, this is beside the point, i'm not here to teach u life lessons dw!

I would mic the guitar also, the sound will be 'acoustic' as you want it, that authentic kind of mellow sound.

i'm guessing you are plugging the mic/guitar and amp straight into the soundcard... look up PA packages. use the analog outs from the mixer into ur EMU, then record the 'karaoke.' - u sound the type to have a bit of cash to throw around. Perhaps look into portable digital recording systems.