• 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Dea_en

Dea_en

21 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 06/26/2006 at 14:42:24
Hi. I am a long time drummer. I took lessons for many years and can read and write drum music.

Two years ago, I said goodbye to the acoustic drum world and purchased a Yamaha DTXTREME IIs. This was the best decision I could have made. It has pushed me into the recording, mixing and mastering area where I just plain ignored. I studied Electrical Engineering in school and although I have only worked as a Software Engineer for the last 12years, I find that I have retained a lot of my signal processing and filter design knowledge. However, and I'm sure all of agree, academics is academics and nothing teaches a person more fully than experience itself. So, with that, I'm still learning. I have setup a little home studio that lacks the proper acoustics, but I have the equipment to keep my busy with this incredibly fun hobby for years to come. Here is my setup:

Tascam 2488 portastudio
Behringer Virtualizer Pro DSP2024P multi-fx box
Behringer Composer Pro MDX2600 compressor
Behringer Ultragraph Pro FBQ3102 graphic EQ
Behringer Tube UltraQ T1951 parametric EQ
Behringer Tube UltraFex T1954 enhancer/exciter.
Tascam Monitors ( forget the model ). Not that good, but okay for me for now.
Yamaha DTXTREME IIs
Laptop for MIDI development. I use Reaper and Voyetra Record Producer Deluxe for my MIDI and Wave sampling experiments.
m-audio USB fastrack.

I jam and record jam sessions, mix it and then hand the band members CDs of our sorry butts. Oh well, I have a day job and don't care. Its just for fun.

Nice to be aboard. I hope to learn as much from you all as I possibly can.

dea
cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.