or
Create an account

or

Thread Intro

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Intro
Hi. I am a long time drummer. I took lessons for many years and can read and write drum music.

Two years ago, I said goodbye to the acoustic drum world and purchased a Yamaha DTXTREME IIs. This was the best decision I could have made. It has pushed me into the recording, mixing and mastering area where I just plain ignored. I studied Electrical Engineering in school and although I have only worked as a Software Engineer for the last 12years, I find that I have retained a lot of my signal processing and filter design knowledge. However, and I'm sure all of agree, academics is academics and nothing teaches a person more fully than experience itself. So, with that, I'm still learning. I have setup a little home studio that lacks the proper acoustics, but I have the equipment to keep my busy with this incredibly fun hobby for years to come. Here is my setup:

Tascam 2488 portastudio
Behringer Virtualizer Pro DSP2024P multi-fx box
Behringer Composer Pro MDX2600 compressor
Behringer Ultragraph Pro FBQ3102 graphic EQ
Behringer Tube UltraQ T1951 parametric EQ
Behringer Tube UltraFex T1954 enhancer/exciter.
Tascam Monitors ( forget the model ). Not that good, but okay for me for now.
Yamaha DTXTREME IIs
Laptop for MIDI development. I use Reaper and Voyetra Record Producer Deluxe for my MIDI and Wave sampling experiments.
m-audio USB fastrack.

I jam and record jam sessions, mix it and then hand the band members CDs of our sorry butts. Oh well, I have a day job and don't care. Its just for fun.

Nice to be aboard. I hope to learn as much from you all as I possibly can.

dea