or
Create an account

or

Thread xmc newbie w/ big "latency prob..(HELP!)

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 xmc newbie w/ big "latency prob..(HELP!)
Hey everyone. I'm a 37 yr. old Guitarist from N.Y. I've been trying to get acid xmc to playback my recording (guitar track) w/ their drum loops, & so far the guitar part keeps lagging (on the playback). I've tryed moving it (drag & drop) but how can I make it fit on playback w/out this hassle?:/
yeah, i'm pretty sure thats the same way my friend was doing it. definitly see if you can change the soundcard settings in the control pannel. that could be the secret
i remember one of my guitarist friends had that problem. i'll ask him how he fixed it if i get a chance, but i think he might have resorted to just draging and dropping. what interface are you using to record (aka how are you getting the guitar into the computer)?
We'll try to help, but see if acid has its own web forum, because i believe its a fairly frequent problem.

get back to us, and good luck
my guitar is going right from my digitech signal processor to the mike jack on the sound card. ...also someone told me I can ajust the latency on the settings of the sound card?? whats your opinion on this?
will do thanks 4 the help!
Lag can often be due to your system power. What is ur PC specs? Do u have basic onboard soundcard?