Become a member
Become a member

or
Continue with Google

or

Thread someone feels like giving a brief review/rate for my track?

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
tumc

tumc

2 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 07/06/2006 at 10:27:25
Hi everyone, just new here, and i was looking for a rate/review page in the forum, but couldn't find one, so i give it try here...

short introduction;

im a bedroomproducer, using only fl-loops, and a midi conrtollerkeyboard, been (trying to) producing for about 4 years now

I recently decided to go a bit more public, to get some feedback on what i do, so i started searching for sites like this one, and i made my own little webspace. ( http://t-u-m-c.blogspot.com/ )

the track i made last is kinda like a special one, cause i used an el.guitar, wich a friend of mine dropped by about week ago. Although i can't play the guitar (i've got about zero knowledge of guitarplaying) i tried to find some melodies, even by using my thumbs on the snares and other weird handcompositions. But i kinda seem to dig in the result, wich is a bit post-rock oriented (something in the area of 'explosions in the sky', if you know this great band)

anyway, cutting the crap, here is a link :)

http://bstcrew.dyndns.org/BST/BST-files/mp3/The%20Guitar%20From%20Tromp.mp3

any comments are very appreciated!!
thx in advance, t.
thesparrowband

thesparrowband

137 posts
AFfinity Poster
2 Posted on 07/07/2006 at 19:52:03
fun progression, alot like something for a film score. i can't believe those are midi drums. you play them so well. also great great build of riffs. i liked it overall, but if i could change some things:

-the ambiance (feedback) in the begenning was a little piercing. I would eq the highs off some, and maybe boost the lows.
-the loudest part of the song, towards the end, was a little too loud with the drums. i would bring down their volume a few dB.
-some of the drum sounds in the begenning i felt weren't fitting of the song, but thats just personal oppinion.

and some advice: when you have multiple guitar (or any thing from the same instrument) tracks, its always a good idea to try to separate them as far as possible into their own sonic ranges. for example, place one track in the 200-500hz range, then another in the 500-1khz range, ect. This helps to separate the sounds into more recognizeable and singlular sonic shapes.

keep doing what you doing. i like :-)
tumc

tumc

2 posts
New AFfiliate
3 Posted on 07/09/2006 at 05:27:19
Thanks sparrowband, for this usefull feedback ;)

got to remove some credits though, it aren't midi drums i used... i used a combination of different (live) drumloops (bought from dooleydrums.com BTW), sliced into pieces (to variate), and added with soundfonts cymbals, crashes and snares.

I might give the ambiance thing a try, but i like the loudness at the end of the climax (gonna leave that i think). You certainly have a point there about te drum sounds in the beginning, but thats because i was to lazy to play with the slices a lot.. :(

And last, thanks for the technical advice, i miss these a lot, just following your ears isn't enough i guess,.. i'll definately try this!

Regards t.
Paul91

Paul91

5 posts
New AFfiliate
4 Posted on 08/21/2006 at 14:57:30
I liked it!!! The flute in the beginning is amazing! Well done!
Italian-Rapper

Italian-Rapper

12 posts
New AFfiliate
5 Posted on 11/06/2007 at 17:32:55
I can't go on the link you posted?

It doesn't exist according to FF ;P

Is it just me or did you delete it after a period of time?
Hit me back with another link if possible, would like to review your track!

- Nico
cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.