or
Create an account

or

Thread Audio delays when recording!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Audio delays when recording!
Hi I'm fairly new to all this home recording lark! I recently got Cubase SX for my computer and I've spent a fair bit of time getting to know it. I've collected some cracking drum samples and I'm running them through a VST called loopazoid so all my percussion needs are satisfied.

What I'm really havfing a problem with though is I'm getting a slight delay everytime I record the guitars and so it's out of sync with everything else. At first I thought it was my playing but I tryed it on a friends machine and it was fine. I'm just not sure how to fix it, I'm not very technically minded and i'm not sure what a lot of it means. I went inti the device setup and the multitrack and put the number of buffers and buffer size upto the max which seemed to help slightly but I don't know what else I can do as it is still horribly out of sync whn I record.

It's really frustrating because I'm trying to write songs for my band and I've loads of ideas that I ned to try out with harmonies and strange timings and such but I can't do anything until I sort this.

Any advice would help,

thanks!
Im not sure how much I can help but a reply is always good, i havent used cubase much but im pretty sure you should be able to select and drag your audio file for the guitar, another suggestion i would say if youre a seasoned player would be to just turn down the speakers, put a marker on the time where the guitar comes in maybe a couple to distinguish where you should be at certain parts if you dont have that great of timing but im sure youll get it. hope that helps some....rock on