or
Create an account

or

Thread Opinion on which equipment is better

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Opinion on which equipment is better
I'm currently using an 'Edirol UA-20' as my interface, along with 'Sonar5 Producer' as my software, through a Dell Dimension with Windows XP home edition. Because this computer has other software, as well as the internet on it, I can't seem to get a good recording with this set-up, so I want to change to a system only for recording.

I'm looking at the 'Pro Tools LE 003' and the 'Yamaha AW2400'. I've been reading that the '003' can make good quality recordings, has a great software bundle package, but is only good for prepping material for the larger 'Pro Tools' studios. The 'AW2400' seem to be an all around work station with good quality recording, but does it do a better job than the '003'?. I'm building a studio in one of the rooms of my house, and want to have a system with no connection to internet or other office type software. I want to use Mac as my computer. So do you think it's best to use the 'Pro Tools LE 003' with the 'Mac' alone, or use the 'Yamaha AW2400' as my work station, and use the mac with a software for the mixing and mastering? Any suggestions on what is the best way to go?