or
Create an account

or

Thread New 10x12 Home studio under construction-newbie to recording

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 New 10x12 Home studio under construction-newbie to recording
Finally nearing age 40 and hundreds of gigs later, Im finally able to construct a small building dedicated to practice, recording, teaching, etc... The outside walls are up and soon will be moving to the inside. I was looking for a forum to gain advise on the placement of wood, foam, ceiling, etc....

At most, my small studio will most likely be to assist local musicians with demo tracks, as well as assisting musicians online with mixing and mastering.

My building sits on 6" post on top of concrete blocks, 3/4" plywood on the floor, 5/8 on the roof, 2x4's all the way around. Currently the black paper is on the outside and soon will be vinyl siding.

So here's what I'm thinking for the interior

My ceiling is 8 foot just like a house. I"m going to put black paper on the floor and install wood flooring. For the wall's Im thinking waynescot? Or ribbed pine as it may be called at HD or Lowes. It will be stained in the end. For the ceiling i'm thinking acoustical tiles like you see in a typical large restuaruant or club. One 10 foot wall will have acoustical foam and I'm going to build an isolation booth out of closet doors. Tri-fold that will fit in the corner and make 5 edges. (at least that's what I read).

So, im opening up my plans to the world. Feel free to comment, email me, etc... based on your experience.

Thank you,
Todd