• 3 participants
  • 0 follower
JKStudio

JKStudio

3 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 03/29/2007 at 21:22:24
I will help you with whatever questions you have, if I don't know it, I will research it ASAP to help you figure out answers to your questions.
One of my studios is centered around Cubase SE and a simple Lexicon Omega setup, with a bunch of Plug-Ins etc...with a nice monitoring system....I record mostly trios and small bands with this setup. It actually works really well !! Actually the Pantheon Lexicon Reverb can stand up to some pretty big time other reverbs....!!!
Deep 6

Deep 6

5 posts
New AFfiliate
2 Posted on 03/31/2007 at 15:17:21
Jim.
I could use a little help, not with settings or tweaking, but with a simple audio chain connection.

Using a mixing console preamp...output to soundcard...the pre's sound ok. Now I've just got a rack mount compressor/limiter. What's the best way to incorporate this into the chain for vocals. I was figuring AUX send and return would incorporate it nicely. What do you suggest.

Any help you give me would be great
ra7or

ra7or

367 posts
AFfluent Poster
3 Posted on 04/01/2007 at 01:30:51
use the insert plug, send in your effect input, then return from the output.

aux send/return is used for modulation fx rather than dynamic fx.
Deep 6

Deep 6

5 posts
New AFfiliate
4 Posted on 04/01/2007 at 06:57:24
Sorry,
Could've used a litte more info I guess.
My mixer is a cheaper Alto AMX-100 without an "insert" option.

Would the Aux send and return still work?
ra7or

ra7or

367 posts
AFfluent Poster
5 Posted on 04/01/2007 at 11:53:16
if you had (for example) a reverb aux would be fine because it blends with the original signal.

a compressor is a dynamic processor, not exactly an effect. using it with the aux will just mess up you sound since it would mix the original signal with the compressed one, therefore making compression useless.
JKStudio

JKStudio

3 posts
New AFfiliate
6 Posted on 04/01/2007 at 22:37:04
Hi Deep 6,

ra7or has the right answer it appears for incorparating your compreser into your setup...I will check into the Alto AMX-100 to see if you have any other options just in case. Thanks for the question.;):cool:
Deep 6

Deep 6

5 posts
New AFfiliate
7 Posted on 04/02/2007 at 05:49:10
Thanks folks!
Possibly need to upgrade the production board to something more versatile in order to start to incorporate the gear?
Well...I guess it's time to do some spring shopping.
JKStudio

JKStudio

3 posts
New AFfiliate
8 Posted on 05/01/2007 at 13:51:58
Welcome to the Official Launch of the Home-Recording-Studio-Guide.com FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the New MAIN Community Site !! :) - (http://www.home-recording-studio-guide.com/main.html :cool: )

For the first 5 days, I will be checking the FORUM every 6 hours to answer your questions personally ASAP !

After that I will be checking in atleast once a day to help you with your questions about your Home Recording Studio
Please share your studio gear list, etc.

Keep On,
Jim
cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages and show you personalised ads (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest. We are likely to display advertisements from our own platform, from Google Advertising Products or from Adform.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest. We are likely to display advertisements from our own platform, from Google Advertising Products or from Adform.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.