or
Create an account

or

Thread Hey there, I'm new here! Sound Card stopped recording "What You Hear"

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Hey there, I'm new here! Sound Card stopped recording "What You Hear"
It's good to join so many other people with the same interests. I have started recording at home with TOBEST: AudioMaestro and Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer. These are 2 great softwares that are around $30.00 each, so I'm happy with that.

The issue I'm having is that my sound card (the one that comes with the computer - I think Sound Blaster) no longer records "What You Hear". I find this feature to be the most incredibly useful feature ever! It worked at first but with the following warning "your sound card does not support this feature", which is strange because it did work. Now that it stopped working though, I'm guessing that perhaps they put that warning out because the sound card doesn't have the power to support it and eventually that facet of the card just burns out. I say "that facet" only because the sound card still works in every other way.

My question is, can I get an affordable sound card that records "what you hear"?

Thanks!
I was browsing this site and was glad to find someone else who had heard of recording "what you hear". Your problem has a simple solution, you should be on your way within minutes. If you have XP (if not, let me know) Just go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds Speech...etc/Sounds and Audio Devices/Click the Audio Tab/The Second "Volume" button down should take you to "Recording Control" dialog box and there you chose what you want to record what you hear. I got stuck on this at one point too, the solution is deceivingly simple. You probably tried, for example, to record "what you hear" a MIDI track, but the Recording Control was set to MIC, so the levels didn't budge.

Regards,

Sam
If you have a soundblaster, you can double click in the speaker icon in the system tray, and bring up the mixer applet. It usually defaults to playback mode. I've forgotten some details now, but you should be able to click on the menu and choose the recording mixer (you might have to check some of the boxes to activate display of various sliders). You will then come up with several sliders that indicate Line In, Synth, etc., of which you can activate only one at a time; click on the one that mentions 'What U Hear' to enable recording in that mode.
Thanks guys. With your help I got it working.