or
Create an account

or

Thread audio problems cubase sx

• 14 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 audio problems cubase sx
hay all i new to this and hope that sombody can help i have cubase but for the life of me when i record a drum track and then go on to record a second audio track it tends to record slightly over it is there a set rule to recording multipul audio oh yah and do all the faders in the mixer have to be at the same level realy confused on this ,sounds like im getin a sorta delay .there must be a way of recording each audio treck independently wiles hearing others with out any interfearence sorrie abt the spelling ...if any could help pleaseeeeeee....:D
:D
Show first post
superdude,

It's a matter of trying out some of the suggestions I pointed out to you. I would not be suggesting Asio4all if I haven't used it myself and found it to be workable. When in doubt, however, it still is good practice to back up all important data and set a restore point just in case something goes awry. In my experience with computer recording, you can never be too careful; Murphy's Law seems to thrive in DAW land.

This is not to scare you, though. I've built all my DAWs myself (I even started with a 'blaster) and am in the process of building my 4th generation DAW (no 'blaster there anymore!). Sometimes, experimentation opens up new possibilities... or causes a BSOD. That's a fact of life with these machines. But there are numerous resources that can get a noob started. My favorites are Tweakheadz and SoundOnSound - a wealth of knowledge in both sites that I frequent. I also read a lot of books and magazine articles I can get my hands on when it comes to computer music and production.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't be afraid to learn.
sorrie im just very new at this. love the comvinence of computer music just carnt get my head round computers thanks..??
Like I said, use asio drivers if your onboard sound supports it. MME drivers are legacy windows drivers with horrible amounts of latency. Try to install Asio4all drivers and see if that will help with your latency. Refer also to this tutorial when it comes to adjusting latency in Cubase.
thank you for replying my sound card is a c media multi channel audio sound card v4.0.0.6 not the best but the sound is okcould that be the problem, im using cubase sx at the moment with that and my computer is an advent t9001 is there no way to just make each audio track inderpendent wiles monerting other channels, just that some times when i have threeor more audio channels going its delayed or jumbled humm
What soundcard do you have and which version of cubase? As a rule, cubase prefers to use a soundcards asio drivers. Looks like you got the dreaded 'what u hear' problem. Do a site or internet search on how to address that (it's a Soundblaster thing, really). Don't bother with the multimedia or Direct X full duplex drivers in cubase; use the soundcard's main asio drivers - they give you direct control over the card's latency settings.

Once you use the 'real' asio drivers, you might have to activate the souncard's additional inputs (if any) as well as add additional input (and output) busses in cubase. If you happen to be using a 'blaster, try looking for the asio4all drivers.

hth,