Create an account

or

Thread Wondering if you could help? Casio CTK-551

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Wondering if you could help? Casio CTK-551
Hey everyone
A couple of years ago, I purchased a Casio CTK-551 keyboard. I used it mainly for the drum sounds but now I want to get into playing the piano for real. The only thing is, when I play it, it doesnt...sounds like a piano? It sound like a keyboard. I know that it IS a keyboard but I just wanted to know why it doesnt have that piano sound. For example, when I listen to music by bands and artist that are piano based, it sounds totally different. I understand that their sound has been produced and all but...I dont know, I find it hard to write music when I cant get that piano feel from the keyboard.

Anyways, after boring you with that, my point was to ask is it just the keyboard and that I need a better one, or is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Bec.
Its not that you're doing anything wrong Bec...

The keyboard you are using is sort of a General keyboard.

This one yeah ? >

The Piano's on these type of home keyboards wont be true piano sounds but generated sounds therfore you wont get that great Piano feel. Ive had plenty of home keyboards AND Studio synths that have all said "Piano" but its just a piano type sound. Its not a true piano sound.

For me to have anything of true Piano sound I have bought the Proteus X which is a sample based VSTi. (Virtual Synth)

All the sounds including the Piano is sampled from the actual instrument unlike a home keyboard its a programmed sound.

Hope that helps?

Nath'