or
Create an account

or

Thread opinions - SAE or Uni

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 opinions - SAE or Uni
Hi, I am deciding wether to go to SAE institute London or London Metropolitan Univeristy to do audio courses. I have applied for degree courses at both (at LMU i'm doing Music Technology Audio Systems and at SAE i'm doing Recording Arts, both are similar). I've been made conditional offers at both, now I just need to choose. Obviously SAE is a lot more expensive since its private, i'm just wondering what other people would go for. I'm thinking that maybe I should go to university at this stage and maybe later I can do a lesser diploma program at SAE. Do you think there are any major advantages of SAE over London Metropolitan? The uni degree is 3 years and sae is 2 years, I get the impression that the degree at sae might be a bit rushed and too much pressure. what do you think?
thanks a lot
jon
hi.. personally i can't say much about the SAE.. even tho i've been there as well (but multimedia-producing back then.. not audio engineering)

a few friends of mine went to audio engineering tho, and were pretty disappointed.. (it was simply not what they've expected.. unfortunately i can't tell you more about this)

me personally I'd go to the university if i had the chance to choose.. and as you said you could check out the SAE afterwards as well if you're still in need for that
thanks a lot for the reply. Did your friends you mentioned do their audio engineering at SAE?
hi.. sorry for the late reply..

yes, these friends (are actually more than just one) are still doing the course at SAE..

another friend finished audio engineering at SAE a few years ago..
I too was/am looking into doing the degree course at SAE (but in Australia) I have posted a similar question at www.Soundonsound.com and the response should help you. Plus this Web site will answer any question you mey ever have on Sound Full Stop! Just Such for SAE in the Forum page. Hope It will help.
thanks for the replies guys.

@ Foiled999, i had a look at the forum but it wouldnt let me search for SAE since it said there were too many results found, please narrow your search. I tried some different searches but didnt manage to find any threads on sae, and then i got distracted reading the jokes thread. :rolleyes:

do you have any links to the thread? thanks a lot.